With natural preservation properties, essential oil from the native Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent, while providing a warm, earthy aroma.
Known as the “tree of life, ” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Arborvitae essential oil is concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also contribute to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
Ready to get started on your oil journey? If you would like to purchase at minimum 25% off find out more here HOW TO JOIN AS A WHOLESALE MEMBER. As always, if you have been working with another Wellness Advocate, or have a friend that uses our beautiful oils please head back to them and they will be able to look after you!